Become a Member
Consider joining CCWI and the network of over 1,000 member campuses nationwide in support of the civic mission of higher education! Established in 2002, CCWI is a partnership of Wisconsin college presidents and chancellors who have committed their institutions to their communities with the goal to create engaged citizens and vibrant communities. Campus Compact is a national movement that envisions colleges and universities as vital agents and architects of a diverse democracy, committed to educating students for responsible citizenship in ways that both deepen their education and improve the quality of community life. Won’t you join us?
- Membership in CCWI, as well as national Campus Compact
- Access to a network of civically-engaged professionals, faculty, staff, and students
- Professional development and regional meeting opportunities
- Access to resources to grow your civic engagement programs
- Access to a civic engagement consultant
- Access to the most up-to-date research and knowledge produced by the civic engagement / service-learning field
- Reduced membership rates to state, regional, and national conferences
- Subscription to the Michigan Journal of Community Service and Learning
- Must be an accredited institution of higher education in Wisconsin
- Application process
- Payment of annual dues
Through Campus Compact for Wisconsin and the national network, member institutions receive the training, resources, and advocacy they need to build strong surrounding communities and teach students the skills and values of democracy. These institutions put into practice the ideal of civic engagement by sharing knowledge and resources with their communities, creating economic development initiatives, and supporting service and service-learning efforts in key areas such as literacy, health care, hunger, homelessness, the environment, and senior services.