CCWI 2019 Annual Awards Announced!
Thank you very much to everyone who attended the Annual Awards Dinner and Civic Engagement Institute last month at Alverno College in Milwaukee, WI! We had over 100 faculty, staff, students, and community partners representing over 30 higher education institutions and community organizations attend over two days. I wanted to give a special shoutout to those who were recognized through our Annual Awards Dinner:
- The Esther Letven Community-Campus Partnership Award was given to Healthy Food for All, a partnership with Edgewood College and to Midnight Run, a partnership with Marquette University. This award recognizes outstanding campus- community partnerships that produce measurable community impact as well as student growth and learning. 2019 Esther Letven Award Press Release
- The Jack Keating Student Civic Leadership Award was given to Adria Bollendorf from Alverno College. This award honors students who work towards fulfilling the civic mission of their institution and Campus Compact for Wisconsin. 2019 Jack Keating Award Press Release
- The Sister Joel Read Civic Engagement Practitioners Award was given to Carole Ferrara from Marquette University and to Penny Lyter from UW – Parkside. This award recognizes outstanding faculty or staff members who have made significant contributions to civic engagement on their campus. 2019 Sister Joel Read Award Press Release
- We also honored the 2019-2020 Newman Civic Fellows in Wisconsin. Campus Compact is proud to recognize the 262 students who make up the 2019-2020 cohort of Newman Civic Fellows, including 9 students from Wisconsin. More details, including names of students and links to their bios, can be accessed through the Newman Civic Fellows Press Release.
- And finally, we recognized the 2018 Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) Fellows. Campus Compact for for Wisconsin is proud to have partnered with the Campus Election Engagement Project to support 25 CEEP Fellows this past Fall. Find out more about these students and their work through the CEEP Fellows Press Release.