The University of Minnesota Office for Public Engagement and Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin Campus Compacts are co-sponsoring a set of six issue-focused Communities of Practice (CoPs) in 2017-18. These CoPs are open to faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community partners affiliated with the University of Minnesota and Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin Campus Compact member campuses.
CoPs will launch with an in-person gathering on October 13, 2017 at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, and then meet four times* via video conference call. (*The Equity and Empowerment Lens CoP will have seven calls.) Each CoP is co-facilitated by leaders from our network, and there is no charge to participate.
We are currently accepting applications , due by September 8, 2017.
THE FOLLOWING REGIONAL COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE ARE BEING OFFERED IN 2017-18:
- Equity and Empowerment Lens
- Developing As Community Engagement Professionals
- Implementing Your Civic Action Plan
- Promoting Understanding Through Listening and Storytelling
- The Scholarship of Engagement Viewed From Community and Academic Lenses: Mirror Image or Distinctive Reflection?
- Strengthening Our Personal and Institutional Capacity for Reflective Practice
You can find all of the information about each of the CoPs, their titles, descriptions, meeting dates, and co-chair bios here.